With Spring practices long gone and the college football season rapidly approaching, schools are now starting to turn their attention to the upcoming recruiting class. With so much talent and uncertainty, out there, I decided to highlight the top players your team will be looking to sign from the 2018 class. Here are the top quarterbacks to look for:
The Top 10
1. Trevor Lawrence | 6’6” 209 lbs | Committed to Clemson
Physically, Trevor Lawrence looks like the prototype at the QB position. Big, tall, strong-armed player. He throws the ball deep with ease and puts tremendous zip on his passes with ease. He also adds in some solid athleticism to escape pass rushers.
2. Jacob Sirmon | 6’5” 226 lbs | Committed to Washington
Sirmon is another physical specimen at the QB position standing 6’5” 226lbs. Sirmon throws a tight spiral with excellent zip on his passes while adding great mechanics. He has a smooth, effortless throwing motion to go along with sneaky athleticism.
3. Jack West | 6’4” 217 lbs | Committed to Stanford
Jack West brings prototypical size along with picture perfect mechanics. West does a great job working through progressions from within the pocket but also has the ability to get out on the edge and run. The most impressive thing about West is his lightning quick release.
4. Artur Sitkowski | 6’6” 215 lbs | Committed to Miami
Sitkowski is a big bodied quarterback committed to play for the Hurricanes in 2018. Sitkowski has an excellent throwing motion that is tight and quick. Along with that, he also brings a rocket arm to the table. His ability to zip passes into tight windows is second to none.
5. Matt Corral | 6’2” 196 lbs | Uncommitted
Matt Corral is a 4-star recruit that recently de-committed from USC. Corral has excellent athleticism that he uses to extend plays and occasionally break off big runs. He has tremendous arm strength and excellent vision. With plenty of suitors, it will be interesting to see where he ends up.
6. Phil Jurkovec | 6’6” 206 lbs | Committed to Notre Dame
Phil Jurkovec is a big, tall, and strong armed quarterback that also brings good athleticism to the Fighting Irish. He has the accuracy and touch to be dangerous with his arm but also is a good enough athlete to be a threat to make big plays with his feet.
7. Justin Fields | 6’3” 221 lbs | Uncommitted
Justin Fields is a highly ranked recruit by many and currently is unsigned. Fields brings excellent athleticism to the field but does a great job keeping his eyes downfield when doing so. He also has a smooth throwing motion and rocket arm to win with.
8. Gerry Bohanon | 6’4” 213 lbs | Uncommitted
Gerry Bohanon is an ultra-talented quarterback still fielding offers from several schools. He has some good mechanics (including an excellent throwing motion) and does a good job working within the pocket but also has excellent athleticism and can win with his legs.
9. Justin Rogers | 6’4” 198 lbs | Committed to TCU
While Justin Rogers is labeled a “Dual Threat” quarterback, he does an excellent job working from within the pocket. He has good mechanics and can launch the ball with ease. As a DT-QB, he does have the speed and athleticism to win on the run as well.
10. Dorian Thompson-Robinson | 6’2” 194 lbs | Committed to UCLA
DTR is a freakish athlete with great speed and agility he uses to beat defenses in space. Hedoes a great job assessing when to use his feet and when to win with his arm. He has decent mechanics and good arm strength to boot.
The Best of the Rest
11. Joe Milton | 6’5” 222 lbs | Committed to Michigan
12. James Foster | 6’3” 210 lbs | Committed to Missouri
13. Adrian Martinez | 6’2” 198 lbs | Committed to Tennessee
14. Tanner McKee | 6’6” 219 lbs | Uncommitted
15. Cade Fortin | 6’3” 205 lbs | Committed to Texas A&M
Sleeper That Could See a Big Rise
Jack Plummer | 6’5” 211 lbs | Committed to Purdue (No, not Jakes son)